// ' * , ` ' . __________ almost PARADISE

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

pride & prejudice: elizabeth bennet on humor

as an aside, im kind of a sucker for keira knightley, particularly for the roles she picks - usually characterized by strength and stubbornness and loyalty.


(p. 42)
"Mr. Darcy is not to be laughed at!" cried Elizabeth. "That is an uncommon advantage, and uncommon I hope it will continue, for it would be a great loss to me to have many such acquaintance. I dearly love a laugh."

"Miss Bingley," said he, "has given me credit for more than can be. The wisest and best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is ajoke."

"Certainly," replied Elizabeth --- "there are such people, but I hope I am not one of them. I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenver I can."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home