// ' * , ` ' . __________ almost PARADISE

Monday, July 27, 2009

from marian jordan (redeemedgirl.blogspot.com)

Looking back over the wilderness season, I can honestly say the area I've changed the most is this: I am a woman at rest. God has so proven his faithfulness that I am far less likely to worry and fret about my unmet desires or the unknown future. What's changed? I know God's "no" in my past was the best thing that ever happened to me. As a result, I trust Him even more with my future. I rest, believing God's plan is far better than my plan. While His way may not align with my way or come to pass on my timetable, I can cease fretting because I know God is good. I know He is in control. And most important, I know I can trust Him. (p. 133)


so much like psalm 131

I Have Calmed and Quieted My Soul
A Song of Ascents. Of David.

131:1 O Lord, my heart is not lifted up;
my eyes are not raised too high;
I do not occupy myself with things
too great and too marvelous for me.
2 But I have calmed and quieted my soul,
like a weaned child with its mother;
like a weaned child is my soul within me.

3 O Israel, hope in the Lord
from this time forth and forevermore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home