// ' * , ` ' . __________ almost PARADISE

Monday, September 21, 2009

aww

"Oh my god, don't ever die.

'Give me my Romeo, and when he shall die, take him and cut him out in little stars, and make the face of heaven so fine that all the world would be in love with night.'

Did I ever tell you I played Juliet in the fifth grade? I did. Opposite Steven Palumbo's Romeo. Oy. What an actor he was. He started crying during my monologue when he was supposed to be dead, because he said I was leaning on his arm.

Oh my god, don't ever die.

I have so much more to tell you, and I'm not interested in telling it to anyone else. And I'm not saying I'd be helpless. I mean, I'm bright and fairly good with money. I mean, I guess I'm cute, right? You would say, 'What, are you kidding me? You, my little friend, are a perfect example of beautiful.' And so I am. '

Cause I am nothing more or less than what I see in your eyes when you look at me.

Do you know how long I waited for you? My mother used to say I was too picky, or afraid of commitment, and that's why I was still unmarried by the age of almost 30. But the truth is, I was just looking for you. Do you know how close I came to being a narrow, cold, mistrustful woman?

But you have given me a life so big and full and good ...and fun! I don't even know what we do, really, besides clean up and complain and wish we were sleeping, but with you, somehow... fun.

And I'll tell you a secret. When we got married, I couldn't imagine still wanting to be with anyone all this time later. But I do. It's a miracle to me. You are a miracle. You've made me happy. Which is something I never, ever thought I'd be."



/ / /

s05e12

Paul: "Hi, I'm Paul."
Jamie: "Jamie."
Paul: "That's funny, that's my wife's name."
Jamie: "Oh, you're married?"
Paul: "Yeah...almost three years."
Jamie: "What's she like?"
Paul: "My wife? Kinda like you, actually...about your height, your build...your eyes, too."
Jamie: "She sounds perfect."
Paul: "Actually, no...not so much perfect. She never puts the ATM stuff in the checkbook so we're always like 60 dollars off..."
Jamie: "Ok, I'm sorry."
Paul: "Don't defend her! She sneaks cigarettes behind my back, like what, I don't have a nose? And then, then she doesn't tell me that the film lab called last night so I have to run out in the middle of my lunch hour; then she...I could go on and on and on."
Jamie: "Why didn't you just say something?"
Paul: "Why make trouble? [Pause] But she's got good points, too. She's gotta lot of good points. She gets so excited about things. You know, she's genuinely surprised when we don't win the lottery. And she won't give money to crazy Pete on the corner, but she'll go a block and a half out of her way to buy the man a sandwich...and her laugh...and her egg salad, very strong egg salad...and the way she calls me on stuff when I'm makin' myself crazy...knowing when I need to make myself crazy and then, then going there with me...mostly, her egg salad."

[They kiss]

Jamie: "Well, she sounds great."
Paul: "She's OK."
Jamie: "So why are you here with me?"
Paul: "I just can't help myself."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home