// ' * , ` ' . __________ almost PARADISE

Thursday, October 21, 2010

12 weeks


"A beautiful prayer from the Book of Common Prayer begins, "Most Holy God, the source of all good desires..." God created desire, and it is God's delight to fulfill desire. I know that my desires are distorted by sin and need to be cleansed, purified and restrained. This is what Jesus refers to when he says, "Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me." We must say no to any desires that would keep us from living in the flow of the Spirit. We must always be ready to sacrifice a lesser desire for the sake of living a greater life." -John Ortberg, The Me I Want To Be, p. 83 (2010).


i've been looking for an answer and maybe this is the way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home