// ' * , ` ' . __________ almost PARADISE

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

chuck vs the ring (imdb)

Chuck Bartowski: You belong out there. Save the world. I'm just - I'm just not that guy.
Sarah Walker: How many times do you have to be a hero to realize that you *are* that guy?
Chuck Bartowski: But I want more Sarah. I want a life. I want a real life.
Sarah Walker: Chuck, I don't want to save the world. I want -



Of course Chuck and Sarah are they are now because of each. They were both broken people at the beginning of the series. Sarah pushed and shaped Chuck into the man he was always destined to be. Chuck gave Sarah back the humanity she had been hiding from the world and herself.

And I agree they need both need another wake up call of sorts. Chuck needs to realize that Sarah’s fears aren’t about his abilities but about losing the one person she cares about above everything. Sarah needs to see that being a spy is part of Chuck’s DNA. Its in his blood and keeping it from him is like going against nature.

by JC November 16, 2010 at 4:43 pm

http://chuckthisblog.wordpress.com/2010/11/16/roundtable-reaction-fear-of-death/#comment-28581

Sorry. Posted sooner than I wanted.

Anyway, before his mission to Switzerland, she attempted to convey to him how special he was in general and to her with or without the intersect.

“Promise me you’re not doing this for me or us. You don’t need the intersect to do great things. You’re great on your own. You’re Chuck Bartowski and you do that all on your own.” And Chuck. “I do need her (Sarah). I love her. I’d rather love Sarah than have the intersect.” Now, only if he had said that before getting into this mess. But, that’s
Chuck.

Casey was cool after getting worked on by Morgan and Alex. “This is the best spy team (station). Greta don’t let the door hit your ass on the way out.”

Jeff’s line was funny. “I’d be doing 24-hour cialus commercials,” as sexy Sarah came sauntering through the Buy More.

Oh, and before I forget I like the Belgian. Finally, for the first time since 1-2, a bad guy has actually figured out who Chuck really is and hia relative importance.

by kg November 16, 2010 at 11:21 pm

http://chuckthisblog.wordpress.com/2010/11/16/roundtable-reaction-fear-of-death/#comment-28622

I thought the episode was very good. For those who didn’t like it, well, it was not so much a re-hash of issues and plots, but some issues still evident and not completely resolved and now in a very sound season four being properly dealt with the way they were suppposed to be explored in season three. Except they weren’t in the mostly hideous season.

I thought Sarah was wonderful and outstanding as both a girlfriend and agent. I was so proud of her to finally stand up to Beckman and mostly because of the reason why. “I’m not going anywhere.” As I stated on the other thread, I’m giving her a pass for the “You’re not a spy, not now,” line to Chuck. She apologized for the off-hand remark seconds after uttering it and mainly for how it was interpreted, but in NO WAY was she apologizing for her intentions and genuine loving feelings for Chuck.

Yeah, this was Sarah’s biggest fear – she could not prevent Chuck’s capture and despite all her protestations and phone calls was rendered helpless. She’s frightened, frustrated, sad and even feels some guilt.

And I might add this is a fear that has existed for her in all of the first three seasons, but finally played out in 4-8, but amped up times 10 because she has finally admitted what we’ve known all along. She loves Chuck. Unconditionally and with everything she has. Chuck is her life, her rock, her family, her home.

And watching a couple of times, I got the sense this is why she tried so hard not to give in to her obvious feelings for Chuck, not to succumb to his charm and advances. Losing him would make her an emotional mess. It was never about the crap she used to feed him to keep him at bay. This was the day she feared the most. It was hard enough for her to bear protecting him when it was her job. It was impossible to fail and lose him as the GF.

by kg November 16, 2010 at 11:08 pm

http://chuckthisblog.wordpress.com/2010/11/16/roundtable-reaction-fear-of-death/#comment-28619

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home