// ' * , ` ' . __________ almost PARADISE

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

fringe oral history part 4

J.H. Wyman: I just wanted to make sure that two very specific criteria were filled: No 1. is that the characters end in a logical conclusion and become self-actualized. If you go back to the first episode, you might say, "Well who are these people?" I mean, Peter, "I hate my father" to "I love my father." Olivia saying, "I don't trust people" to "I do, I find strength in vulnerability now." Walter saying, "I have hubris and I've made a mistake" to "Yes, I've actually understood that I'm not a god and I have to make amends." I mean, these characters have come a long way. And No. 2, that I can leave and feel that I'm hopeful that everything happened, maybe not the way that I expected, but definitely the way that makes sense. Hope is very important to me, and I don't like to say good-byes and I didn't want to say good-bye, I just wanted to say this is the close of that chapter. I feel like that happened. I wanted to make sure that I gave them their due and I wanted to take care of the audience. http://www.tvguide.com/News/Fringe-Series-Finale-Oral-History-Abrams-Jackson-Torv-Noble-1059246.aspx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home