// ' * , ` ' . __________ almost PARADISE

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Q: Of all your documentaries, who has been the most fascinating interviewee? (And why was it Buck O'Neil?) 6. By: Delaywaves Thread | Permalink A: Ha! No favorites. But Buck is close to being one. Our religious tradition suggests that man is made in God's image. But very little of our actions suggests this. Buck was the exception. http://www.topiama.com/r/2215/i-am-ken-burns-documentary-filmmaker-ask-me /// Q: Hi Ken! First off thanks for all you have done to bring so much history to life for so many over the years. I was young and had no idea I loved history so much until The Civil War mesmerized me when it first aired on PBS. Jazz is easily my 2nd favorite of your films, but I've enjoyed so so many of them. I recently watched The Central Park Five, which I really enjoyed in spite of the frustration of watching such tragedies unfold. Near the end something that Craig Steven Wilder said really struck me: “I want us to remember what happened that day and be horrified by ourselves because it really is a mirror on our society. And rather than tying it up in a bow and thinking that there is something we can take away from it and we'll be better people; I think what we really need to realize is that we're not very good people, and we're often not.” How closely do you relate with this comment? Also - how glad does it make you to know that the film may have helped the Central Park Five get closer to some sort of justice (recent settlement discussion)? 46. By: blaze-one Thread | Permalink A: I totally relate to Craig's comment. And while I think our film has helped, we aren't going to be happy until the City of New York settles the civil rights lawsuit the Central Park Five brought against them. // Q: Any tips for someone wanting to get started in the entertainment industry? 14. By: Cheesedud6 Thread | Permalink A: Everyone says that breaking in is difficult. I can tell you - if you're truly good at something (cinematography, VFX, organizing other people, etc.) it's not hard at all. Competent people who can work with others are shockingly rare. http://www.topiama.com/r/2243/we-are-rocketjump-creators-of-video-game-high#r27

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home