// ' * , ` ' . __________ almost PARADISE

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

http://splitsider.com/2013/05/the-annotated-wisdom-of-amy-poehler/

Family They say that sibling relationships are the most important relationship in your life, because they know you for every period of your life. They know you when you were a baby and as an adult, and, hopefully, they know you in your old age. Your parents leave too early, your lovers come much later in your life, but your sibling has been with you. [How Was Your Week, 2011]
AVC: What do you get emotionally out of performing improv at this stage of your career? AP: I get to see a lot of the same people week after week, and sometimes even after a busy week, even an SNL week, it's really, really great to go to the theater, because I find it very rejuvenating. It makes you feel really young—sometimes you have to make sure that you'll take risks, because sometimes you get a little nervous about taking risks. I don't know why, maybe you feel like you have more to lose. Sometimes when you get too worried about how you look, or about how something's gonna go, you kind of lose what made you special in the first place. I think that ASSSSCAT will really do that to you, really remind you that things are supposed to be dangerous, you're supposed to feel uncomfortable, you're supposed to enjoy not knowing, trusting your partner, and not falling back on the same stuff, and I think that that does that for me. It's the kind of thing that every time, even when I'm really tired, or I feel kind of burned-out, or I feel like I don't have anything—every time I go out and do it, I feel a thousand times better. Maybe it's some good old-fashioned ego-stroking from the audience, but it is really nice to perform live theater. There's nothing really else like it. That's it. It's simply selfish for me at this point, but I'd like to think that it's communal. It makes you feel like: "If I died, and I was in my apartment by myself, at least some friendly people would be like 'Where's Amy'?" [Laughs.] I feel like they would finally find me. http://www.avclub.com/article/amy-poehler-14220
http://www.ew.com/article/2013/01/24/sundance-acod-amy-poehler-adam-scott

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home