// ' * , ` ' . __________ almost PARADISE

Monday, March 21, 2016

http://natejlee.com/the-inner-city-needs-you/

“And that’s why I love Jesus. That’s why I love who he was and how he went about changing the world. It took the dude 30 years to set roots, to know people, to be known by people, to make the world his home, not just his mission field. And I love that we were not objects he just had to save, some amorphous group called “humanity” in the “inner city” of the cosmos that needed his “help,” but people that he joined and knew and loved and cried with and was betrayed by. The way of his salvation was not to simply cast a life preserver out for us to grab, but to dive headfirst into the ocean of brokenness that we were drowning in. Christ didn’t pull us out of our humanity, instead he came into it and took it upon himself with the fullness of all its joys, failures, sins, and sufferings. It is the most beautiful thing to me, and yet its implications on my life absolutely terrify me. If you want to really see salvation and transformation, stop talking, release your privileges, become one with those who suffer, and get ready for the long haul. Whoever tries to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses it for Christ’s sake will find it, and find it in the full.”

I am constantly found guilty of the sin of words. Vulgarity is not my downfall, though I am vulgar. My sin is having words that are far more beautiful than my life. How graceful are those whose lives outshine their words. Perhaps my life will catch up to my mouth someday. Perhaps my body will catch up to my heart, my hands to my eyes, my feet to my soul. Gordon Atkinson
http://natejlee.com/im-the-biggest-hypocrite-of-2015/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home