// ' * , ` ' . __________ almost PARADISE

Saturday, May 25, 2019

https://www.thecut.com/2019/04/the-cut-on-tuesdays-telling-your-best-friend-youre-trans.html

Nicole: Which I look back on with, now I'm like - there's nothing I can do - there's no ridiculous thing I could do that would, uh, separate me from Danny. Danny: I think, for both of us, going through those moments and having those conversations and seeing the ways in which our friendship did not need to rely on being the same people that we had been previously in order to, like, flourish and thrive and be real and meaningful. And, my love for Nicole is not rooted in being able to predict what she is going to say or do or think or want, but it's rooted in her being Nicole and that only she kind of understands what that means and only she gets to decide what that looks like next. And my joy is that I get to experience that with her, not, like, I get to like keep tabs on what I think she's going to do next or what's okay for her to do next. And that makes her sound, like, really abstract and what I really just mean is like, the project that is Nicole is always changing, just like me.
I am always trying to impress you. This is also true for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home