// ' * , ` ' . __________ almost PARADISE

Tuesday, September 29, 2020

https://theundefeated.com/features/matthew-cherry-moved-from-the-practice-squad-in-the-nfl-to-first-string-in-hollywood/

And for what it’s worth, we’ve never seen Cherry like this before either. He’s in the zone. And there doesn’t appear to be a slowdown anytime soon. “It just literally felt like all these 10-plus years of being in L.A. and struggling, and living out of my car at some point, all these things you would do just to stay in L.A., stay in the game … if you could just stay here long enough, you might be able to make it,” he said. He did that as a high school football player trying to get a college scholarship. He found it when he was struggling in the NFL and knew he needed to pivot. And now, he’s figured it out in Hollywood. That early life lesson was key. “It really is an athlete thing,” he said. “I would even go back further to that first time I picked up a baseball glove and put it on the wrong hand. Being able to see progress is something as an athlete that’s probably been the most important thing. Knowing that if you work hard enough, if you just stick it out long enough, you’ll get your shot. “And then when you get your shot, you gotta take it. Or you have to go back to the bench. And that’s just always been a thing that’s been with me. I never felt like I had any opportunities that were just given to me. I’ve always had to create my own opportunity or give my own look or try to figure it out myself. And I just think, luckily it’s worked so far. And I think that’s the biggest thing about being an athlete, is being able to set a goal and knowing if you work hard enough, you can reach that goal for sure.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home