// ' * , ` ' . __________ almost PARADISE

Friday, July 01, 2011

(you gotta learn how to show people how you feel about them!)

http://sn-scripts.livejournal.com/592.html

JEREMY

Due respect, Mr. Jaffee, but I've got
$80,000 in college loans to pay back.
My instincts told me to shut the hell
up and do what I was told.

ISAAC

Your instincts were wrong.

JEREMY

Not fitting in is how qualified people
lose jobs.

ISAAC

Yeah, but a lot of time it's how
people end up working here. You had an
obligation to tell us how you felt.
Partly because I don't like getting a
phone call saying I've put one of my
people in the hospital. But mostly
because when you feel that strongly
about something you have a
responsibility to try and change my
mind. Jeremy, did you think I was
gonna fire you 'cause you made a
convincing argument? It's taken me a
lot of years but I've come around to
this: If you're dumb, surround
yourself with smart people.
If you're smart, surround yourself
with smart people who disagree with
you. I'm an awfully smart man and Mark
Sabath is an idiot. He had you and he
blew it. You've gotta trust us. Fit in
on your own time, when you come to
work for me you show up to play.
(BEAT) I'm going home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home