// ' * , ` ' . __________ almost PARADISE

Wednesday, February 06, 2013

last resort 1x11

on matthew 5:6-7: To me, it's about choice. Choosing to do the right thing even though you are alone in that choice, and not letting fear of the unknown cloud your thinking. Fear that, when the path becomes too hard to see, we run back to what we know, even if what we know is broken beyond all repair. Sophie: Sam. Sam: Hi. Sophie: Are you all right? Sam: Yeah, I'm okay. I'm okay. Look, I, um... Sophie: Can I... say something? Sam: Yeah, of course. Sophie: You americans make fun of the French. We're always on strike, we missed rock 'n roll, Jerry Lewis. Sam laughs. Sophie: But, you know, we're not, um.. I'm not scared about difficult feelings. I don't need the people I care about to be happy all the time or clear or know what they want or don't want. It can be a mess. We like messy. Sam: Well, if you like messy, I'm your guy. Sophie: You're making fun of it, but I'm not. I am your friend. You can't stand seeing me. It doesn't match. It's okay. Sophie: Do you know this French saying from Edith Piaf, "Je ne regrette rein"? Sam: No. Sophie: (shrugs) Okay. --- we need duty and honor to show us where to go, and faith to carry us there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home