// ' * , ` ' . __________ almost PARADISE

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

hahahah

Q: What's the best prank you've ever seen played on a set? 41. By: Mstrchapl Thread | Permalink A: TRAVIS FIMMEL (star of vikings) is the greatest prankster of all time- Garry Marshall however- flew in a dude I was goofing on to confront me when making "Dear God" that was deep http://www.topiama.com/r/1583/iama-donal-logue-from-terriers-grounded-for-life#r81 /// Q: Jokes aside, just wanted to say that you have made me smile and laugh countless times over the past few years, so thank you. And while I have no doubts that you'll go down in SNL history as one of the greats, I can't wait to see what you'll do beyond that, too. There are a lot of people I love to watch on TV but would never want to grab a beer with, and vice versa. But you're definitely at the top of my list for either. You seem to transcend all of the crazy pageantry of the celebrity world while functioning so perfectly within it, which is pretty cool in itself. I'm going to stop now, but basically, you're the man. Cheers! 19. By: g0ldenslumbers Thread | Permalink A: What a nice thing to say! Thanks man. I want to copy this down and keep it in my wallet and open it if I ever feel like I'm disappearing up my own ass! All kidding aside, very touched. Thanks. Q: Bill, huge fan! When I was listening to your interview with Howard Stern, you mention how anxious you get during performances. Having never been able to guess you have anxiety, can you talk about any things you do to rid of the obvious physical signs of anxiety before performing? 20. By: bryandeger Thread | Permalink A: I purposely do something on air that I haven't planned to get me out of my head. It's like tricking your brain. It makes me feel like I screwed up so I can except that I screwed up and relax. http://www.topiama.com/r/1508/hi-im-bill-hader-im-a-actor-comedian-writer-and-i#r39 /// Q: I'm putting this one in a few hours early for the 5PM answers. Thank you for doing this AMA — Like you said in an earlier answer: "Improv is basically one person's point of view on how to attack a void." It's the best explanation of improv teaching I've heard. Thing is, life is full of voids if you think about it — you're always venturing into the unknown. Do you feel that your improv skill set has helped you outside of performing and writing, in personal or other professional situations? If so, do you have any anecdotes you could tell us about how your improv skills helped in an unexpected or unlikely situation? 36. By: CS79IV Thread | Permalink A: Yes. My first paid gig as a video-game journalist came from basically playing the character of a video-game journalist. I got into E3 because of pieces I wrote for The Gamer's Quarter, and went with one goal: writing for Edge magazine. Knowing that my last name is Campbell, and that one of the editors of Edge was named Campbell, I walked into the Edge on-site office and played the character of someone who should be there. "Is Colin here," I asked. "No," said the assistant." "Can you tell him Heather stopped by? Heather Campbell." She said, "Oh yeah, sure. He'll be back at 3pm, wanna come back then?" I came back at three and had an appointment because of the way I said my name, and the way I acted -- like I was supposed to be there. Colin sat down with me, confused; he asked, "What was this meeting about?" Again, improvising, I said, "You were meeting with me to hire me as a writer." Which is what I would say in a scene if I was playing the plucky young journalist. Colin realized what was up and looked frustrated. So I handed him my portfolio and said, "If you read this, I guarantee you'll give me a job. I promise, because it's that good." I didn't hear anything for a while, and then they called me and asked me to be a Los Angeles correspondent. As soon as I wrote a single article for Edge, I immediately set a meeting with Play Magazine. And that's the story of how I improvised my way from grocery delivery into Games Journalism. It starts with the work: If my portfolio was empty, that would have been the end of it. But I had something to show once I got in the meeting. http://www.topiama.com/r/1501/i-am-whose-line-is-it-anyway-improviser-and-tv#r71 /// Q: I love you... That is all. 14. By: Poptart_Muncher Thread | Permalink A: Is that all? Because that's quite a lot, my friend. That is everything. http://www.topiama.com/r/1464/i-am-aisha-tyler-actress-comedian-tv-host-author#r27 /// http://www.topiama.com/r/1339/i-am-david-schwartz-composer-of-arrested /// That's what I love about Pam. Her attitude is so amazing. I also love her puppets. 15. By: blinkerfluid13 Thread | Permalink A: This is on my bookshelf too! This is a prototype but they are gonna start making them for the FX shop. http://instagram.com/p/ZlF038ODNB/# Q: ...I am going to buy that puppet so hard that my money is going to fly into an alternate dimension. 16. By: obscurepanda Thread | Permalink A: They are only making a small batch of the blue ones, the rest will be gray. Also you can move the tongue. http://www.topiama.com/r/1276/i-am-amber-nash-best-known-as-the-voice-of-pam#r31 Q: What is your favorite project to have worked on? 29. By: THROWAWAY2938247 Thread | Permalink A: Archer for sure because it's so much fun. But I was also in a show at Dad's Garage called Invasion:Christmas Carol. It's Christmas Carol but every night about 10 minutes into the show, someone shows up that doesn't belong, like the A-Team or Paula Deen and the cast has to incorporate the radom element and try to keep telling the story of Christmas Carol. It's a blast. I was Ebenezer Scrooge the first year we did it at Dad's Garage and that was probably one of my favorite times on stage. http://www.topiama.com/r/1276/i-am-amber-nash-best-known-as-the-voice-of-pam#r57

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home