// ' * , ` ' . __________ almost PARADISE

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

the way (2010)

"for whom kindness is an instinct"

"oh, you know, the darker it is, the bigger the sales. that's what my editors will surely be asking for." "i understand." "you know, when i was an undergraduate at trinity college, dublin, i wanted to be w.b. yeats or james joyce. the good writers usually die broke, so after i left college, i wrote for travel mags. thought i'd do that for awhile, put some money away and then get down to the novel. 20 years later, here i am, still writing for travel magazines. i'm not feeling sorry for myself. it's the life i chose." "jack, you write whatever you want about all this: what you saw, how you felt. you write it like it happened. you write the truth." "i'll do my best."

I was a writer, I stopped writing, and now I'm writing again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home