// ' * , ` ' . __________ almost PARADISE

Wednesday, June 27, 2018

http://www.grubstreet.com/2018/04/pastry-chef-natasha-pickowicz-grub-street-diet.html

I always make breakfast for the staff at Altro. I’ll open the walk-in and scan the “family shelf,” which is where the cooks put ingredients that they can’t use for service anymore. The challenge I give myself is, how can I make something beautiful, nutritious, and delicious, but also economical? Making time for a family meal has evolved my resourcefulness and made me a more confident cook. So I pulled a quart of onion peels, a third-pan of potato trim, a pint of provolone scrape, a quart of celery dice, a little limp asparagus, and some old pâte brisée. I rolled out the brisée and basically stuffed everything inside. I always make a big grain salad, too: bay-scented farro, butter beans, and an egregious amount of parsley, mint, and basil. I dressed everything in Forum Chardonnay vinegar, which tastes like clear gummy bears.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home