// ' * , ` ' . __________ almost PARADISE

Sunday, January 23, 2005

sisters are good for the soul.

http://www.yellowbrowndavis.com/
=======================================================
i am more than what you say i am
(an ode to community)

i came, half formed
believing the world had started without me
i jump into matters matter-of-factly
i engage ideas born of desperation
swimming in an indigo sea
i bid it stain my limbs
and release the hold
my roots have on me
- for i am the same as you!

but you are wise,
and you love me just the same.
i know you by heart
and i increase by your mind.
come, i alone can choose to stand
and be paralyzed no longer.
for liberty calls,
liberty calls and my words
have the same weight as yours!

but i choose to cry peace.
the shadow i cast on the platonic cave
you will come to recognize as me,
never to be mistaken.

and if that makes me anti-american
so be it.

01.22.05

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home