// ' * , ` ' . __________ almost PARADISE

Saturday, April 30, 2005

As usual, Derek Webb puts it better than I can. Read that. Namely,

one has to be willing to give up their life of selfish intentions and plans and comforts, in order that they might fully live out the abundant life that God has planned for them. i've definitely found that when i first seek God's guidance and allow him control of the intimate details of my life, it is then that His desires for me become my desires, and that His will begins to unravel in my life. ... i guess that i was, and am still apprehensive about giving up all of the stability in my life in order to follow God's will. but on the other hand, what is more stable than the Rock of the ages?


emphasis mine...

luckily God's love isn't contingent upon my performance. i could be selfish and make nothing of my life, compared to what it could be that is, and God would love me just the same. He loves me because He created me, not because of what i do, or because i am moral, or for any other reason. on the other hand, God has amazing plans for each of us, and a grander scheme in which everything works in tandem to ultimately glorify Him. when i try and control my life, i totally screw it up. why would i not want the freedom of surrender, in return for the guidance of the God of the universe?


the last rhetorical questions of each paragraph i shall keep asking myself, especially this week...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home