// ' * , ` ' . __________ almost PARADISE

Sunday, July 03, 2011

sports night s01e11, "the six southern gentlemen of tennessee"

oh my word. 8? mark to 10:45 just made me cry

http://sn-scripts.livejournal.com/1243.html

MONICA, A VERY SWEET 25-YEAR-OLD, APPEARS AT THE DOOR.
SHE'S HOLDING SEVERAL DRESS SHIRTS OVER ONE ARM AND
SEVERAL NECKTIES OVER THE OTHER. IT WOULD APPEAR THAT
SHE'S HAD TO SUMMON MOST OF HER COURAGE FOR THIS MOMENT.

MONICA

Excuse me, Mr. McCall?

CASEY

Yeah.

CASEY TURNS OFF THE TV.

MONICA

I'm sorry, is this a bad time?

CASEY

For what?

MONICA

I'd like to ask you a question, but if
you're preparing the show, if this is
a bad time, I can come back.

CASEY

What's your question?

MONICA

What's my name?

CASEY

(BEAT) What's your name?

MONICA

Yes.

CASEY

What are we doing right now?

MONICA

If this is a bad time --

CASEY

I'm sorry, I'm not very good at
remembering names.

MONICA

Who was the number two man on the
Boston Red Sox staff in 1977?

CASEY

It was Ferguson Jenkins.

MONICA

My name's Monica. I'm the assistant
wardrobe supervisor for Sports Night
as well as two other shows here at
CSC. I think you hurt the feelings of
the woman I work for. Her name is
Maureen and she's been working here
since the day you started.

CASEY

I know Maureen.

MONICA

Can I ask you another question?

CASEY

I'm sorry I didn't know your name.

MONICA

(HOLDING UP A NECKTIE) Do you know
what color this is?

CASEY

It's grey.

MONICA

It's called gun metal. Grey has more
ivory in it, gun metal has more blue.
Can you tell me which of these shirts
you should wear it with?

CASEY

I don't know.

MONICA

No you don't. There's no reason why
you should. You're not supposed to
know what shirt goes with what suit or
how a color in a necktie can pick up
your eyes. You're not expected to know
what's going to clash with what Dan's
wearing or what pattern's gonna bleed
when Dave changes the lighting. Mr.
McCall, you get so much attention and
so much praise for what you actually
do, and all of it's deserved. When you
go on a talk show and get complimented
on something you didn't, how hard
would it be to say "That's not me.
That's a woman named Maureen who's
been working for us since the first
day. It's Maureen who dresses me every
night, and without Maureen, I wouldn't
know gun metal from a hole in the
ground." Do you have an idea what it
would've meant to her? Do you have any
idea how many times she would've
played that tape for her husband and
her kids?
(BEAT) I know this is when it starts
to get busy for you, and I hope I
didn't take up too much of your time.
Please don't tell Maureen I spoke to
you, she'd be pretty mad at me.

CASEY

(PAUSE) I won't, Monica.

MONICA EXITS--

CASEY SITS ALONE FOR A MOMENT BEFORE WE:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home