// ' * , ` ' . __________ almost PARADISE

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

http://writingpad.com/todd-waldman-interview/

They recently got the Internet and I’ll go there in the AM and set a timer. I get about 30 min to check email, read articles etc. then I turn off the Internet and work for an hour. I just have to write, non stop with no filter. Then I’ll take a 20 min break and go back online or go for a walk and then I’ll do another hour. I’ll try to work like this for three-four hours and then spend the last two-three hours of the day editing what I wrote.
10. How did you find your voice as a writer? I’m still honing and finding it but my best writing (and it’s cliche) is tied to a personal experience. When I’ve gone through a break up or experienced something joyful I find my writing sharper. Put simply, find your vulnerability to find your voice. Don’t be afraid of it.
Norman is one of my heroes and a TV legend. Even into his eighties (and now nineties) he was a workaholic. He also had the best stories about working with guys like Jerry Lewis and Richard Pryor and Robin Williams. Norman always was searching for big moments, “something we haven’t seen before,” and I always think about how my scripts need to be bigger and say something important. Hard to do, but he did it and he was the best to do it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home