// ' * , ` ' . __________ almost PARADISE

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

When I think, I understand more about myself.
When I believe, God shows me more about Him.



derek webb from grassrootsmusic.com:

I'm wanting to either tear down whatever platform I have until I don't have it anymore or somehow try to sustain it, but the only reason I want it is so that I can speak. To me, there's no point in having a platform to stand on if you're not standing on it saying things that are probably going to get you knocked off of it.
________________________________________________________

You know how Christ's temptations in the desert are recorded in Scripture? In order for that to have happened, He would have had to sit down with His disciples, His best friends, and tell them about all the things that Satan used to tempt him. So for me to be able to talk about the idolatry, the need for encouragement in the Church, is really doing no more than showing everybody the idolatry in my own heart, my own need for encouragement, and my own need for the Gospel.

The Church needs to realize that they still need the Gospel as much as they did the day it saved them. They'll never outgrow their need for it.

________________________________________________________

'lover'
(words and music by derek webb)

like a man comes to an altar i came into this town
with the world upon my shoulders and promises passed down
and i went into the water and my father, he was pleased
i built it and i’ll tear it down so you will be set free

but i found thieves and salesmen living in my father’s house
i know how they got in here and i know how to get ‘em out
i’m turning this place over from floor to balcony
and then just like these doves and sheep you will be set free

i’ve always been a lover from before i drew a breath
some things i loved easy and some i loved to death
because love’s no politician, it listens carefully
of those who come i can’t lose one, so you will be set free

but go on and take my picture, go on and make me up
i’ll still be your defender, you’ll be my missing son
and i’ll send out an army just to bring you back to me
because regardless of your brother’s lies you will be set free

i am my beloved's and my beloved’s mine
so you bring all your history and i’ll bring the bread and wine
and we’ll have us a party where all the drinks are on me...
then as surely as the rising sun you will be set free



the entire gospel message summed up in song? maybe.

i love it.

ah, is it ever precious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home