// ' * , ` ' . __________ almost PARADISE

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

i made summer goals last year - i completed 5/16. oops.

so heres a grander list:

1) take my daily bread.

Acts 17:11: "Now the Bereans were of more noble character than the Thessalonians, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true."

John 1, The Word Became Flesh: "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it."


2) pray without ceasing.

3) love INTIMATELY, saying sincerely, "i am going to love you through this, beloved."

Of course, the famous. Read it out loud, like a prayer... "If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing."

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. [NIV]
===============================================
Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known. [NKJV] (1 Corinthians 13:1-8, 11-12)


4) build other-centered relationships; servant's heart as an essential component of this love - so essential that no progress can be made without it. (love does not parade itself, is not puffed up)

Philippians 2:1-8: "So if there is any encouragement in Christ, any comfort from love, any participation in the Spirit, any affection and sympathy, complete my joy by being of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind. Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others. Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross."


For it makes my heart hurt sometimes to think of Jesus as a servant Messiah. Lord, who am I??

5) "Behold, as for the proud one,
His soul is not right within him;
But the righteous will live by his faith." - Habukkuk 2:4 [NASB]


for the command

Habakkuk's Complaint
2 How long, O LORD, must I call for help,
but you do not listen?
Or cry out to you, "Violence!"
but you do not save?

3 Why do you make me look at injustice?
Why do you tolerate wrong?
Destruction and violence are before me;
there is strife, and conflict abounds.

The Lord 's Answer
5 "Look at the nations and watch—
and be utterly amazed.
For I am going to do something in your days
that you would not believe
,
even if you were told.


wow, God.
will i be ready?


i must believe that i will, that you will prepare me in your own timing... i must wait on you, Lord. for you are surely coming, and you do not delay.

1 Comments:

  • that's really great to hear steph! I luv how the goals are centered around God's Love.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home