// ' * , ` ' . __________ almost PARADISE

Saturday, June 04, 2005

so today i took a shower. this is not significant in itself, it's something i do regularly, mainly at NIGHT. (ahem silly morning showerers who go to bed dirty and therefore lie in constant filth). but tonight is our senior banquet so i decided another shower couldn't hurt.

no, today's shower is significant because this morning i woke up, fumbled for my watch to see what time it was and in the process knocked over my glasses and could not find them to save my life. so i popped my contacts in (hmm i just realized i gave up my search for the glasses). so, today was the first day since i became more of who i am now (ie, past grade school and easily retrievable long term memory) that i ever took a shower and was able to see.

it is a fascinating, very odd thing. i never had trouble finding anything in the shower (sight isn't THAT bad), and i was only worried the dang shampoo would foam down into my eyes and i'd be blinded by a half in half out contact. i quickly realized this was not i should have been afraid of... no, it was being able to see my toes - and therefore my very odd sandal tan, a curious thing - that it made me notice exactly how far down i had to go if i slipped on soap or something.

in short, it made me fear for my life.

yes. i just thought i'd mark the date. i don't know if i'm ever going to do that again. it was rather terrifying. i'm still trying to catch my breath now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home